Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spicy Hawaiian Burgers


Ingredients:
2LBs Ground Chicken
Pineapple Rings (I accidentally picked up chunks, but rings would be much easier!)
6 slices pepper jack cheese
6 whole wheat hamburger buns
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
Minced Garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)

 Directions:
Combine the ground chicken, soy sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoning salt, and garlic. Once well mixed, form six patties (or however many you prefer) and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Normally, we would grill these, but since it was a cool 32 degrees yesterday, I cooked them inside on the stove! I heated a small amount of EVOO in a medium pan over medium heat. Once the oil was heated, I placed the patties in cooked on each side for about seven minutes or so. 

While the burgers were cooking, I placed my pineapple chunks in a small pan with just enough juice from the can to cover the bottom of the pan, and let them simmer over medium-high heat until they began to brown. Once a nice golden brown, flip them over, and allow the other side to cook until golden brown. 

Once you flip your burgers, place your pepper jack cheese on and finish cooking. Heat up your buns, place your burger on the bun, add your pineapple slices on top .. and enjoy!

**I added a spicy mayonnaise to just mine, since the mister doesn't like mayonnaise, but it was ridiculously simple to make. I'm talking mayo mixed with Sriracha and your done! Ha! So simple and so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment