Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles


 This week is really busy for us.. so I needed some simple, go to meals for dinner each night this week.

Last night I was craving Thai, and considering I have never had thai, I have no idea where that craving came from! So random, I know. But, this girl was on a mission. I didn't get home until 6:30 last night, and the Bachelor started at 8 .. talk about a time crunch!

I threw this dish together in less than 10 minutes, the longest part was waiting for my water to boil to cook the noodles! I just love a simple dish!

Ingredients:
1 Box Noodles (I used Linguine Noodles)
Fresh or Frozen Shrimp
Vegetables (Optional, I added Mushrooms)
1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Sesame Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
6 Tbsp Honey
6 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce 
Crunchy or Creamy All Natural Peanut Butter 

Directions:

Begin by combining your oil and crushed red pepper in a small to medium pan over medium heat. Let cook for 3-5 minutes, then strain out pepper and set reserved oil to the side. 

Start your water for your noodles, and begin preparing your shrimp. Since I was using frozen shrimp, I placed the shrimp in a strainer and ran hot water over the shrimp until almost completely thawed. Dry off the shrimp and place in your small pan with fresh garlic and sautee while preparing your peanut sauce. 

For the peanut sauce, combine your strained oil, honey. soy sauce, Sriracha, and peanut butter (I didn't put an exact amount of peanut butter because I just taste tested as I was adding to adjust to our liking, but I think it was somewhere around 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter).

Now that your water should be boiling, add in your noodles and cook according to package instructions. Once all your ingredients for your sauce are combined, whisk together until a smooth liquid. Slowly add the sauce in with the shrimp and garlic, stirring constantly. Let this simmer over low heat while your noodles finish cooking, stirring every few minutes.

When noodles finish cooking, combine noodles with sauce and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment