Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I am Thankful for...

In the spirit of the season, I have decided to avoid the current trend on Facebook by posting what I am thankful for each day, and do one big blog post regarding my thankfulness :) Since I have fully committed to making something of this blog, I figured why not?! And even though I do not think I could ever put into words all that I am thankful for, I would like to put the most important things on here :)


First and foremost, I am simply thankful for Cody. He is my rock, my better half, my happy place, and my 'normal' in this crazy, hectic, always on-the-go life of mine. He is my biggest supporter, and is always there when I need him, & even when I think I don't. I could not imagine my life without him, and I am so thankful for God working in the most mysterious of ways, and putting us together. I truly believe God wanted us together when he wrote our life story, and for that, I am thankful. 


Secondly, I am thankful for our families. We each have been blessed beyond belief when it comes to our families and the constant love and support they have all given us not only throughout our relationship, but our entire lives. They are always there for us, cheering us on, supporting our every decision, and helping every chance they have. I am thankful for the relationships that we have each formed with each others families, and the relationship our families have formed together. They would literally bend over backwards for us, and are always so willing and kind. We always talk about how blessed we are to have the families that we do, and for that WE are thankful!


Next up, COOPER! In reality, my sweet boy is probably one of my most favorite things about my life. Not only is he a pure momma's boy ha! .. He is the most loyal, loving, snuggly (is that a word?) fur-baby on the planet. I literally could not imagine my life without this dog. He is oooober protective of his momma, and is always by my side, or under my feet, or under the table (begging, of course!) but regardless of his stinky breath, or fuzzy fur-ball tumbleweeds that are currently floating around our house, I will love this dog to the end of time. Is it weird that he is just barely one, and I already get overly emotional at the thought of him getting that "white face" that all goldies get when they get older? ugh, so sad .. but, with that being said, it just shows how much I love this little stud muffin. Get ready for cuteness overload.

(I don't even want to know how many pictures I am going to take of my actual human children.)

Next, I am thankful for my Career. Beyond thankful actually. Like I posted last week, the job post will be for another day and another time, but for today, I am purely thankful where I am in my career and for who I work with, and who I work for. For those of you who know, I had a major career change over the summer, and I work for Remax Five Star now! I love what I do. There is not a day I dread coming into work, or looking at houses with the sweetest clients. I absolutely LOVE it. I have met so many new people, who are all so sweet to trust me with such a big decision in their life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! I have truly been blessed when it comes to this career!

Next .. I am thankful for our home. Our house means the world to us, for so many reasons. But, to say I am thankful for our home, would be the understatement of the year. Ya'll, for those of you who know, we went through hell and high water buying our first home .. no joke. But, here we are a year and a half later, and we could not be ANY happier, or more thankful for our beautiful home and absolutely wonderful neighbors!! God truly blessed our lives and showed us exactly where we are supposed to be with this home.


And who could forget my friends. Better yet, my girlfriends. The ones who I talk to every day, or the ones I can go months without talking to, and pick right back up where we have left off. The ones who are there no matter what, and even the ones who we have lost touch over the years. I truly believe my friends make up a huge part of who I am today. So no matter where our relationships have drifted away to, or not drifted at all, I am thankful for all my girlfriends, new and old. You have forever impacted my life in some way, at some time, and for that, I am thankful for you.

And a few more things that I am oh-so-thankful for .. my cell phone (because I don't think I could survive without it) Pinterest, mexican food, Bert's Bees Chapstick, my hairstylist Jessica, my DVR, reality TV shows, Starbucks, fall weather, Georgia Football, Falcons Football, Google that I literally do not go a day without using, fuzzy socks, TJ Maxx HomeGoods, riding boots, leggings (that I could live in) country music, sweet tea, nail polish, Yogli Mogli, & Tory Burch.

No comments:

Post a Comment